I’ve already written this post once but the internet ate it. So I’m writing it all over again. You’re welocme.
I’M BACK, PEOPLE! (I wanted to use another word but I’m a mom now, of a TODDLER, so I guess I have to watch my language. I guess).
And that is my gift to you. Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukah, Happy Kwanzaa, Happy New Year, Happy *insert your choice of holiday here*.
After much debate on whether I should continue this blog or not- do I have time? does anyone really care about my awesomeness? do I really care to share my awesomeness?- I decided that sharing my amazing writing and my humor is what I was meant to do in this life. Or maybe it was to be the best wife and mother possible. Debatable.
Seriously though, I really enjoyed blogging. It was something I did for myself that I could point to and say, “Hey, I did that and I’m pretty proud of it.” Plus, when the other moms at the playground ask what I do on my “me” time, I like to be able to tell them I’m Gossip Girl. Minus the highschool/college gossip but add in military life, wife, and mom. Totally the same thing.
Alot has gone on in the past 7-ish months. Some things were great and amazing (like my husband coming home- YAH!!!) and some things sucked. Some days I would think to myself, “That would be a great post,” but I felt like it was silly for me to come back after weeks/months. But here I am anyways. Again, you’re welcome. And just in case you were wondering, here are some of the big things that happened with our family.
- J came home!!! It was possibly the best day of my life (our wedding day and E being born are easily a close 4th and 5th…bahahaha), and it *almost* made the seven months he was gone worth it.
- E turned ONE and we became parents of a walking, talking, and….yep, still breathing TODDLER. I guess we’re doing something right.
- Holidays- traveling majorly sucked but being with my entire side of the family was great.
- Other stuff but you’ll have to come back and read about…ha ha ha (<—read that as Dracula’s evil laugh…I don’t know how to type it out).
I have a huge list of things I’m going to write about here in the future, so I hope you stay with me for a little bit to see it through. Some topics will be fun and HILARIOUS (because, you know, I’m funny) and some will be more serious and will reflect current events. Here are some posts I’m really looking forward to writing:
- The transition back to life with my husband
- Cloth diapering and homemade cleaners
- Support of the military community
- Pinterest obessions
- Military healthcare
- PCSing and buying our first home
- Baby poop
- Veteran’s topics
- Trying to get pregnant
- The fact that I use bullet points way too often
I don’t know how many people actually read or care about this blog. But I have fun writing it, and maybe someone somewhere out there can get or learn something from it. I love writing and I’m so grateful that I have the opportunity to do so. If you’re reading this, thanks for staying with me! I understand, I would stalk me if I were you too.
Barefoot and Boots
PS- Thanks to my “Boots” hubby for encouraging me to restart this blog. I am the luckiest girl in the world to have your support and love to back me up on all my crazy ideas. I love you!